David Rudge Associates

Listed Building Repairs in Staffordshire

Phone Number: 01889 504219

When is Listed Building Restoration Required

  • Posted by:
  • Admin
  • Tags:
  • Listed Buildings, Restoration, Historic Building, English Heritage
  • Posted date:
  • 28-11-2022
When is Listed Building Restoration Required

Restoring Listed Buildings in Staffordshire

Listed Building Maintenance in Cannock, Stoke on Trent and Stafford

{compnay_name} carry out a range of restoration and renovation services to help maintain the original features of historic and listed buildings. There are over 450,000 listed buildings in England and each one requires detailed research into the original design features before any work is carried out on them.

Information about Listed Buildings

When an older building requires repair or renovation, it is often required that the work is carried out with special care and attention to preserve its historic features. If the building is listed, any work carried out must be supervised by the English Heritage and local planning authority. Listed buildings are rated into three categories; Grade I, Grade II and Grade II*.

Before considering work on a listed building, it is advisable to conduct an informal discussion with the planning department. Any work that is carried out on a listed building without the relevant authorisation may result in a prosecution and a listed building enforcement notice will be served.

A Listed Building Consent Application usually takes about eight weeks to process and is valid for a period of five years. There is no charge for a Listed Building Consent Application.

Planning permission is a separate permission required from Listed Building Consent Application and other permissions may be required from the relevant listed building authorities; e.g. religious bodies may need to be informed about work carried out on churches or buildings in their ownership.

To find out more information about our listed building restoration work, please call us today on 01889 504219 or forward your enquiry using our contact form.